Blog

pursuit of happiness

I am no longer employable. That means that I have no more excuses. My time is my own–I can’t say I have to be at such and such place or doing such and such a thing–I have to get on with it.

A white canvas is a joy, and then you put something on it and immediately you’ve got a problem (artist laughs for several minutes).

adrian berg R. A., painter
lives and works in hove, east sussex *

It was always a struggle because I always wanted to be an artist using a camera and doing what I wanted. I knew nothing about photography–no idea–so I just taught myself as I went along. I invented my own system and did things that a lot of people didn’t like.

harold chapman, photographer
lives and works in deal, kent *

So you got to go but you don't know where
All that you know is you can't stay here
What's left to do, but wish you the best
In your pursuit of happiness

nuno bettencourt, guitarist and songwriter

*) life in art by steve pike


***

If I could just do one painting I liked before I died, I'd be really happy. I used to paint them, and sell them, and people used to ask if I missed my paintings. I said that I needed the money to get down to the pub for a pint of Guinness! But now I would like to see some of them again.

angela braven, painter
lives and works in hastings, east sussex *

(special thx buat miss L)



4 comments:

STAR said...

yg nuno kena banget di gw.. dalem kenanya euy.. btw, kok lo tiba2 mellow gitu si..? apa sok inspiratif..? jangan-jangan karena gw aja yg nggak kenal lo? hehehe..

miss L.., ayo coba bilang.."ann...."

Unknown said...

cie yg kenanya dalem... mudah2an dalemnya gak sampe mentok kekekekk

jadi gini, sebenarnya sih gw mo jelasin panjang lebar ama lo. cuman karena ada miting, gw tunda dulu ya. lo taulah... miting.

STAR said...

halaaahhh... gayanya.. miting gimana maksudnya? nggak ada yg bilang ann-annnn an kaannn...? *lol*
lo aneh banget si orangnya..

Unknown said...

sssush... lo udah addict bgt ama annn... ya? bahaya, buruan gih ke dokter... dokter hembing